[ltp] where in /sys is the power meter for my whole computer located?

Jochen Schulz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:21:25 +0100

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

jidanni@jidanni.org:

> I do
> # iwconfig wlan0 txpower [0-20]
> How can I see if this is really using less or more power than before?
> I could check /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/uevent but I am not on
> battery power today. Where in /sys is "the power meter for my whole
> house" located?

There is none, because the hardware generally doesn't provide that
information.

The best you can do is to run powertop (which reads battery information
and does all the calculation for you) and compare power usage before and
after running the command. You have to run on battery, though.

J.
--=20
I can tell a Whopper[tm] from a BigMac[tm] and Coke[tm] from Pepsi[tm].
[Agree]   [Disagree]

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT--