[ltp] Weird CPU fan problem on T400, any help appreciated.

Pedro Ribeiro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Jul 2010 01:39:40 +0100

On 18 July 2010 01:01, Mark Altern <mark.altern@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's been less than a year. I opened it up and it's clean and fine.

Sorry then I can't help you much. Did you update the BIOS?

All I can say is that I have a T400 for less than a year, and I'm now
running Debian testing, which is pretty much the same as Ubuntu 10.04.
I do not have that problem. The fan is off when I boot, goes to 1975
after a while and stays there until the cpu temp goes over 45 or
something. It then hits 2700, but then after the cpu temp is down to
38-39 again, it goes back to 1975, which is inaudible.

Regards,
Pedro