[ltp] Temperature sensors on W500

Yusuf Al'Derzah linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 04:16:25 -0700 (PDT)

Karsten K=C3=B6nig wrote:
>=20
> Are you using any open source driver? Ubuntu is still shipping with non-
> working ati powermanagment (as are most  up to date distributions) so you=
=20
> should use fglrx just now, powermanagment support is in development for
> the=20
> xorg ati driver and corresponding kernel parts.
>=20

That did the trick, thanks a bunch. I was using xorg's radeon driver indeed=
.=20
CPU & GPU now down to ~45=C2=BA from 60-70=C2=BA.  Wonder how come no one h=
ad
mentioned that in all the fired up W500 threads I went through.

Sadly, I still can't resume from hibernation... I thought it had stopped
working because I switched to the Intel card, but it still doesn't, with
either radeon or fglrx...  Perhaps a kernel upgrade; or BIOS black magic; o=
the driver madness.  Oh well, first time I've to reinstall Linux faster tha=
Winbugs... but for the mean time, I'm no longer tempted to fry eggs on my
keyboard. ;)

Cheers.

--=20
W500-tp28083375p28828888.html
Sent from the Linux Thinkpad mailing list archive at Nabble.com.