[ltp] Is Anybody Interested in a Thinkpad Floppy Drive (Ultrabay 2000) ?

Joerg Bruehe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 09 May 2010 12:42:37 +0200

Hi all,

I was offered a floppy drive for an IBM Thinkpad and accepted it,
assuming it would fit the Ultrabay in my R51.

That was a bit naive, only when comparing the floppy insert to my DVD
insert did I notice that there are different versions of the Ultrabay.
(Now that I searched Thinkwiki, I realize the multitude.)
So I cannot use the drive.

=46rom Thinkwiki, I learned that the insert is for the Ultrabay 2000:
   http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ultrabay_2000_Floppy_Drive
The drive's label gives the FRU P/N 08K9607, according to Thinkwiki this
means it is a Sony drive.

This is what that Thinkwiki page says about compatibility:

>   Supported with
>=20
>     * ThinkPad A20m, A20p, A21e, A21m, A21p, A22e, A22m, A22p, A30, A30=
p, A31, A31p
>     * ThinkPad R30, R31, R32, R40
>     * ThinkPad T20, T21, T22, T23, T30
>     * Portable Drive Bay 2000
>     * ThinkPad Dock, ThinkPad Dock II
>     * UltraBase X2, UltraBase X3=20

If there is anybody who owns one of these and is interested in the
floppy drive, please let me know.

Here are the conditions:

1) I was offered the drive in good faith and accepted it in equally good
   faith. I don't know how often it was used and whether it is still
   operational or has any defect. There is no warranty of any kind.

2) I was given the drive for free (no cost) by the previous owner at a
   local LUG event. I don't want to make any gain on it, but I also
   don't want to lose money (like overseas postage) on it.
   I'm located in Berlin, Germany, and will ask the taker to refund any
   postage expenses.

Because of the postage part, I would prefer the taker to be in Germany
or at least in the EU, so that bank transfer is no (big) problem.
(No, I don't use PayPal or any other such service.)

I will decide on a modified first-come/first-serve policy, giving
preference to requests with easier shipment.

Regards,
J=F6rg

--=20
Joerg Bruehe  - persoenliche Aeusserung / speaking only for himself
mailto:joerg.bruehe@web.de