[ltp] Ubuntu x100e experience...

Hakan Kızılhan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 May 2010 10:33:40 +0300

Hi Peter,

> Is it the firmware from the package called
> rtl8192se_linux_2.6.0015.0127.2010.tar.gz from realtek?

yes.

i copied RTL8192SE directory to /lib/firmware
final position is  /lib/firmware/RTL8192SE

> I am using that and have no problems with open networks. On WPA/EAP I
> expierience repeated drops of connection.

i am using WPA2 network and no problem. Only point, i guess, after
hibernation occuring connection problem.

> Does the Ubuntu kernel have a patch using the driver from this package?
> The last information about a in-tree driver I could find is this post
> http://www.pubbs.net/200907/kernel/86900-rtl8192se-support-status.html
> but that's from ten months ago.

Latest Ubuntu generic kernel for 10.04 have this driver and probably
without firmware.

> You also mention to patch smapi for x100e. Can you point me to the patch =
you
> mean? I am using the one for thinkpad_acpi posted here a few das ago but =
am
> seeing problems loading the smapi modules.

i didn't patch smapi. There are no problem with smapi.
i patched tp_acpi.c driver for x100e, because driver wasn't know x100e.
Driver patched by developer around ten days ago, but Ubuntu kernel
doesn't have patched version yet.

> Thanks a lot.
>  Peter G.

You are welcome...