[ltp] Suggestions for battery sources

Fri, 14 May 2010 5:33:44 -0700

---- Chris Schumann <chris@idlelion.net> wrote:
> On 05/13/2010 10:04 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > Googling for batteries for the T61 yields a massive number of
> > places that claim to have good batteries. Has anyone had any luck with
> > any of them?
> >
> Never had a T61, but I've had good luck with batteries from Kahlon, and
> brand new ThinkPad/OEM batteries purchased from eBay sellers.
>
> Also, Lenovo's outlet has batteries from time to time.
>
> Chris
Beware of any seller that makes you pay return shipping on a new
battery that is received DOA.
That is a tipoff that the seller is crap and their batteries are crap!
I've been burned by that one several times ( different sellers, all bad )
Ask about this before buying.
The honest sellers will ship out a replacement and then issue a
credit when the DOA is returned.