[ltp] Ubuntu 10.04 -- Trackpoint

Fri, 28 May 2010 12:30:35 -0700

---- Johannes Lichtenberger <Johannes.Lichtenberger@uni-konstanz.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 19:20 +0200, Arian wrote:
> > Excerpts from Johannes Lichtenberger's message of 2010-05-28 18:53:06 +0200:
> > > Ok, my fault... putting
> > >
> > > # Trackpoint configuration.
> > > devices/platform/i8042/serio1/serio2/press_to_select=1
> > > devices/platform/i8042/serio1/serio2/speed=250
> > > devices/platform/i8042/serio1/serio2/sensitivity=250
> > >
> > > and starting sysfsutils is doing fine.
> >
> > does this also work after a resume from standby? I haven't used
> > sysfsutils, but I echo the above values at startup into the appropriate
> > sysfs files and it works fine. But after resume I find the trackpoint
> > will be slow again, so I have to reexecute the script. I tried using the
> > hooks in /etc/pm/sleep.d/, but for some reason it does not seem to work.
> > So at the moment I execeute the following manually after each resume,
> > which is
> > rather aggravating:
> >
> > #! /bin/sh
> > dir=$(basename $(find /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/ -mindepth 1 -name "serio*"))
> > echo -n 255 > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/${dir}/sensitivity
> > echo -n 255 > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio1/${dir}/speed
>
> Hm, I don't know, since Ubuntu 10.04 suspend and hibernate don't do... I
> can see, that it suspends properly from the logfile, but doesn't awake
> somehow, so I usually have to shutdown and reboot, which is another
> thing I really hate. I have also researched a little bit regarding this
> issue, but it seems, that it's somehow a bug in Ubuntu with some system
> configurations/hardware and I haven't found any solution :( Maybe I
> should start another thread :D

UB 9.10 has worked very nicely for me on my Thinkpads.
10.4 has three persistiant problems:
(1) Suspend to ram ( FN + F4 ) is totally crashed, must power down
to get back to operation.
Suspend to disk ( FN + F12 ) is fine.
(2) Trying to download anything larger than a long email disconnects
the wireless and it takes many tries to get it to reconnect.
Wired connection is fine.
(3) Frequent, random crashes with Firefox.
This is not in anyway a hardware problem, I can swap HDs between
two identical laptops and the problems will swap with the drives.
Once again, these are regressions.
FWIW, don't know if my Trackpoint will work after restore from STR,
it's  never made it back.