[ltp] Ubuntu 10.04 -- Trackpoint

Sat, 29 May 2010 9:40:18 -0700

---- Yves Dorfsman <yves@zioup.com> wrote:
> On 10-05-28 01:30 PM, bhaskins@chartermi.net wrote:
> > (2) Trying to download anything larger than a long email disconnects
> > the wireless and it takes many tries to get it to reconnect.
> > Wired connection is fine.
>
> Your wireless card is an Intel 3945Bg isn't it?
No, right now it's a Atheros AR5212 but it appears to be the same
with a 2200BG ( both mini-PCI internal cards).
This is 100% repeatable!!
I can browse emails for as long as I want,
but as soon as a I do a somewhat larger download,
( the thirty-second thing may be valid ) it will disconnect every time.
I am really wondering if this could be some sort of a stack problem
that is new in 10.4.
The Thinkpads are all A31s which I am going to keep; as long as I can.
I have had more that my share of funerals on the new wonderful 36-month
wonders.
I am no fan!!!! of ROHS.