[ltp] Ubuntu 10.04 -- Trackpoint

Yves Dorfsman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 May 2010 22:19:16 -0600

On 10-05-28 01:30 PM, bhaskins@chartermi.net wrote:
> (2) Trying to download anything larger than a long email disconnects
> the wireless and it takes many tries to get it to reconnect.
> Wired connection is fine.

Your wireless card is an Intel 3945Bg isn't it?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/569841

If so, please make sure to click on "this bug affects me too":
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/569841/+affectsmetoo

Intel switch to a new driver for this card, which Ubuntu unfortunately adopted
early on....

The only solution for now is to install the kernel from 9.04. People have
reported that it fixes this problem, and doesn't create any other.I haven't
tried it yet, I wanted to keep the latest one on to help diagnose/debug this
problem, but neither Ubuntu nor Intel is even trying... so I will be be
downgrading my kernel very soon.

--
Yves.                                                  http://www.SollerS.ca/
                                                        xmpp:yves@zioup.com