[ltp] is it possible to boot a SATA drive from Ultrabay on a T410?

Pedro Ribeiro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 6 Nov 2010 22:32:06 +0000

Hi,

my company is upgrading our laptops to the T410.
I will be getting one of these soon and I had the idea of fitting the
SATA drive from my T400 in the Ultrabay so I can boot my Linux system
out of it.

The reason for this is that I tend to travel a lot and since I don't
take my personal laptop I am forced to use Windows instead of my
heavily customized Linux environment, which I very much prefer.
Whenever necessary, I would hibernate Linux and go back to Windows as required.

I have to go through all this trouble because the Windows drive is
encrypted, and changing anything is a breach of the company policy.

Is this possible? Does anyone have similar requirements and how do you
solve such a problem?

Thanks,
Pedro