[ltp] LCD for T60

Robert Tomsick linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:04:31 -0400

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 19:38 -0600, Yves Dorfsman wrote:
> Are there places that sells cheaper parts for thinkpads?
>
> I've got a smashed LCD on a T60, and I've been quoted 1500$ to replace it (I
> paid a 1/3 of that for it used). It's still a really good machine, I could use
> it a few more years if I could get the LCD replaced.

I'd check eBay.  I recently picked up a nice screen there for under 100
USD including shipping.

As far as buying "compatible" third party screens goes, I'd be careful.
IIRC, the T60s are picky about what panels they'll accept, and they'll
reject panels that don't have an EDID that they recognize.  There are a
couple threads on the forums at ThinkPads.com about this -- you might
want to ask there for suggestions on good sources for panels.

Cheers,
Rob