[ltp] Battery life on X200T

Sergi Pons Freixes linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Sep 2010 10:47:40 -0700

Hi Per,

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 5:01 AM, Per Dalgas Jakobsen <pdj@knaldgas.dk> wrote:
> I believe the difference is roughly the degradation of the battery.

$ cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/energy_full
19990000
$ cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/energy_full_design
28800000

I see, I understand that my battery can now only achieve a full charge
of about the 70% of a "new and perfect" battery.  I have had only this
laptop for... mmm... maybe two years? Is it ok this level of
degradation?

Anyway, from this values, I would go from ~1:30 to ~2:15. Not bad, but
not as good as I expected...

> If that does not explain the short battery time, maybe
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_reduce_power_consumption
> can help.

>From time to time I try to tweak the system on various aspects (power
consumption one of them) just for fun :), but I'll recheck this wiki
page.

Thank you!