[ltp] Battery life on X200T

Per Dalgas Jakobsen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 04 Sep 2010 20:42:57 +0200

On 2010-09-04 19:47, Sergi Pons Freixes wrote:
> $ cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/energy_full
> 19990000
> $ cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/energy_full_design
> 28800000
>
> I see, I understand that my battery can now only achieve a full charge
> of about the 70% of a "new and perfect" battery.  I have had only this
> laptop for... mmm... maybe two years? Is it ok this level of
> degradation?

Mine reads 35450000/43200000 = ~82% and I've had this laptop (x301) for
a little short of 2 years, and I have just left the battery in at all
times. Most of the times (75% I guess) running the machine at AC power.

>> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_reduce_power_consumption
>> can help.
>>
>  From time to time I try to tweak the system on various aspects (power
> consumption one of them) just for fun :), but I'll recheck this wiki
> page.

I started out with installing Linux and applying some of the tweaks at
ThinkWiki. Then a couple of months ago I noticed significant degrade og
battery time (2.5 - 3 hours and a quite hot lap), after which I had to
reapply some of the tweaks (overwritten by updates I gather). Now I have
4-4½ hours useful battery time, and a cool lap :-)

Happy hunting :-)

~Per