[ltp] Fan speed increased on my T400s

Petar Milin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:32:13 +0200

Hello ALL!
I am using Debian testing i386 on my T400s. Typical fan speed was about
2700, but three days ago or so it went up to 3750. At the same time
temperature does look fine: the hottest is the PCI 44 C, and the coolest
is the battery 29 C. Temperatures are stable. I thing it is not
necessary to have this fan speed with this temperature range, especially
since temperature did not increased.
Please, HELP!!!
This worries me a bit. I had HP that died from overheating. In addition,
when shutting down or reboot, I am getting two THERMAL WARNINGs, but
that happend before too, even with Ubuntu 9.10, and I got an answer here
that this should not bother me at all.

Best,
PM