[ltp] Intel 5100/5300 failures at 802.11n 5GHz?

Jesse Sheidlower linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 18 Feb 2011 23:12:27 -0500

It turns out that this is a known issue; I don't know why I had so much
trouble finding it:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+source/linux-firmware/+bug/630748

Basically, the N band was switched off intentionally in a recent update,
until Intel fixes some problems with the firmware. Before this, there
were the intermittent drops that characterized my earlier experience;
now, it's just shut off. You can re-enable it, but then you'll get the
dodgy performance.

Jesse