[ltp] PowerButton 1s+ for event

Karsten König linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:04:55 +0100

Am Samstag, 12. Februar 2011, 05:04:59 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2011, Karsten König wrote:
> > to get the acpi powerbutton event one needs to press the button for more
> > then a second, is this a thinkpad-acpi limit or a limit by the embedded
> > controller?
>
> It is standard to have to hold that button for a while, usually 3s, before
> it will signal anything to the operating system.

Actually on all the other systems I know a single button press is enough to
send the acpi poweroff command right away. If it takes 3s it is pretty close
to the 5s where machines usually do a hard reset (cut power)

> Some BIOSes let you choose between delayed or instant-off, and what kind =
of
> signal (shutdown or "sleep") the button should issue.
>
> > If it is the former could this maybe be adjusted? I thought it was an
> > acpi problem that I got no shutdown when pressing it.
>
> Look in the BIOS.  I don't recall if the thinkpad lets you change it.

Nope, at least not on mine.

> And this is standard, generic ACPI functionality, controled by the acpi
> "button" driver.

So there is no code in thinkpad-acpi that encodes how long one has to press
the button?

Thanks,
Karsten