[ltp] MicroSD and Thinkpad T61

Sat, 26 Feb 2011 02:52:09 +0200

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 04:31:13PM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> Well, I bought a 32 GB SDHC card, thinking it would fit the phone:
>=20
> http://tinyurl.com/4qrhuza
>=20
> Silly me, of course it does not.=20
>=20
> However, before returning it I decided it might be cool to use it in my
> T61. It appears to fit the slot in front, and when I push it in a green
> light next to the slot comes on and blinks a couple of times. However,
> Fedora 14 x86_64 (Gnome) does not see it.

'dmesg | tail' will tell you if the kernel detected it.  If it did, you
can mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 (typically; for cards that have a partition
table).  Or, most likely, click on the SD card entry that appears in
your Places menu.  I don't know why the card is not auto-mounted.

My T61 has a bit of a problem: the SD slot is too deep.  If I push a
card all the way in, the card cannot be read (dmesg shows I/O errors on
I/O error on device mmcblk0).  If I stop before pushing it quite that
deep, the card works fine.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
        -- David Clark

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe--