[ltp] MicroSD and Thinkpad T61

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:46:09 -0800

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 21:48:34 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj@comcast.net> dijo:

>Just now I tried to copy some files to it and discovered it is read
>only. :(

I created a folder "SDC" for it in /media. Then I unmounted it because
by default it creates a strangely named folder for itself in /media
when I insert it. And then I mounted it in /media/SDC:

[root@Devil8 media]# umount /dev/mmcblk1p1
[root@Devil8 media]# mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/SDC/
mount: block device /dev/mmcblk1p1 is write-protected, mounting
	read-only

Mount insists that it is write protected, regardless of which
position I put the slider switch in.

I think it is defective. Unfortunately, I have no other computers with
a card reader, so I can't test it to see if there is something wrong
with Fedora or the Thinkpad.