[ltp] MicroSD and Thinkpad T61

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 26 Feb 2011 17:40:32 -0800

>On 02/26/2011 06:46 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> [root@Devil8 media]# mount /dev/mmcblk1p1 /media/SDC/
>> mount: block device /dev/mmcblk1p1 is write-protected, mounting
>> 	read-only
>>
>> Mount insists that it is write protected, regardless of which
>> position I put the slider switch in.
>>
>> I think it is defective. Unfortunately, I have no other computers
>> with a card reader, so I can't test it to see if there is something
>> wrong with Fedora or the Thinkpad.

As it turns out I needed to go see a friend this afternoon and she has
two Windows computers. One wouldn't see the card at all, and the other
reported it as defective. In fact, at least my T61 with Fedora 14 can
see it, although it is reported as read-only.

I also tried reformatting it with Gparted. Gparted saw the device, but
said it could not format it.

So Monday it goes back to Amazon. End of story.