[ltp] Upgrading from IBM to Lenovo?

irb linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Jan 2011 13:15:41 -0700

* Quoth Steven J. Owens (thinkpad@darksleep.com), on Thu, 2011.01.06, at 14:19 -0500:
> Hey folks,
>
>      What do people think of the lenovo quality?

I have the same model ThinkPad as you and have been very happy with it,
running various versions of Slackware. The conventional wisdom is that the
newer Lenovo models are still better than average, but not close to IBM
quality. I still have a 600E and that thing was indestructable--compared
to it, the T4x line seem like fragile, flimsy pretenders. I would guess
that the same comparison would ring true of the T4x line and the current
Lenovo offerings.

Nonetheless, I'd also be curious to know what people who /have/ owned the
T4x and newer Lenovo models think.

/i.