[ltp] PCMCIA wireless

Simon Royal linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Jan 2011 21:36:05 +0000

Jay

I checked my bios and I found PCI power saving options. It is set to
Automatic at present.

The Zydas based wireless is a USB stick and it works no problems out
of the box with Ubuntu.

My Edimax card that is RaLink based, this is the one causing power
issues. I have been using this Broadcom based Buffalo card for about
24 hours - no problems.

Simon

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Jay Brooks <jaybrooks76@gmail.com> wrote:
> Zydas was purchased by atheros a while back. Belkin and ativa made usb
> sticks based off of that chipset.=A0 It is a bear to get working. I would=
 go
> and get a better card. You know in the bios you should be able to turn of=
> the power save settings for pci and pcmcia. Did you try that? I had the s=
ame
> issues with a mpci card that was fixed by turning off that feature.
>
> Sent via MOTOBLUR=99 on Verizon Wireless

--=20
--- Twitter:=A0http://twitter.com/SimonRoyal=A0- LowEndMac:
http://tinyurl.com/macspectrum=A0- Skype: Simon-Royal.
--- IBM ThinkPad R31 running Ubuntu 10.10 & Windows XP Home. Apple
PowerBook G3 'Pismo' running OSX 10.4. Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini
Pro running 2.1