[ltp] Low LCD brightness on T61

Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:08:46 +0300

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 03:31:46PM +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:
> Its a bit off topic here I believe as it's not Linux related but I was
> hoping that people here could give some advice.
>=20
> The max screen brightness on my T61 has really decreased lately to the
> point where I can hardly work outside even in the shade. The laptop is 3
> years old, so it's probably expected, but the result is a bit extreme.

I've an almost-4-year-old T61.  I haven't noticed screen brightness
decreases, but then I never use it outside.  IIRC it wasn't very usable
in sunlight even it was brand new.

There used to be a bug where the dynamic range of screen brightness you
could access from Linux was cut in half if you booted while on battery
power, and the BIOS setting for display brightness was set to power
savings.

You may want to try adjusting BIOS settings and/or rebooting with AC
power plugged in before ordering new parts.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Not to be outdone by its closed source competition, Linux has sixteen types=
 of
mutex, varying the whole gamut of mutexity from lightweight to ultra-, hype=
r-
lightweight.
        -- Verity Stob

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N