[ltp] Re: T410s and projector

Claudius Hubig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:58:18 +0200

Leon Brokken <leon.brokken@med.lu.se> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>when I connect a projector/beamer to my T410s (via VGA) I can at best=20
>get a 'vibrating' screen. Difficult to explain - it's readable but=20
>annoying to the eye. I have so far only tested this with one projector.=20
>The same vibes occur during boot, before the X server has started.

[=E2=80=A6]

>All tips very welcome!

Hello,

I have the very same machine, albeit still using 2.6.38 (AppArmor
patches haven=E2=80=99t been ported to 3.0 and 2.6.39 behaved strangely aft=
er
suspends (freezing/reacting slowly for about a minute)) and Debian
Testing/Sid. I have no problems whatsoever using the VGA port with
external monitors, but those typically have higher resolutions.

Maybe you want to send the output of xrandr when a projector is
connected and create/set the appropriate modes?

Best regards,

Claudius
--=20
Logic doesn't apply to the real world.
		-- Marvin Minsky
Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5 D72CDBA4
http://chubig.net/ http://nightfall.org