[ltp] T61 dies with a blinking A while going to sleep

Andreas Siegert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:48:02 +0200

Hi,
using a T61 with Xubuntu 11.4 and a PAE kernel.

Everything was fine and dandy until some time last week it started to
refuse to go to sleep.
It goes through the whole procedure and just before turning off it starts
to blink the "A" LED in addition to the moon LED.
The only thing it will react from then on is a long press of the power button.
I did not install anything new at system level, but of course applied all
updates that came in via Canonical, But I do not remember anything that
would make me think of having an impact on suspend to ram....

Any ideas?

thx
afx
--
atsec information security GmbH, Steinstrasse 70, D-81667 München, Germany
    Phone: +49-89-44249830  /  Fax: +49-89-44249831  /  Web: atsec.com