[ltp] Undocking while suspended?

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 30 Jul 2011 12:03:34 +0200

Hey,

I have an X201s with an ultrabase which (for now) I only use as power
source and rt45 link. When I leave home, I usually close the laptop (so
it suspends it) then put it in my bag and go.

Right now, if I suspend the laptop, the ultrabase still has the
=E2=80=9Cforbidden=E2=80=9D sign. If I press the eject button, it wakes the=
 laptop and
that's all. I need to press it again so the ultrabase will release the
laptop.

I understand waking up the laptop is done on purpose in order to let the
OS have a chance to unmount stuff which could have been mounted, and
maybe do some work so it won't have any surprise at resume. In my
(current) case, only power and network are attached, so the OS shouldn't
have any surprise at resume. So can I just undock the laptop without
pressing the =E2=80=9Cundock=E2=80=9D button and waiting for the =E2=80=9Cg=
o=E2=80=9D led to go green?
Is it safe or is there any electrical issue which might damage the
ultrabase or the laptop?

Regards,
--=20
Yves-Alexis