[ltp] New ThinkPad

Sun, 19 Jun 2011 00:43:33 -0300

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011, James Knott wrote:
> Micha Feigin wrote:
> >I hate the 16:9 as well. Great for movies (as they are in 16:9
> >ratio these days), but horrible for text (seems like we're going
> >back to one line terminals in the not so far future the way
> >screens are going).
>
> As I mentioned in another note, I have a 16:9 monitor, which
> replaced a 4:3 one.  I find it's much better, as I can have two
> documents side by side etc.  BTW, I also have a cable box plugged
> into it, so I can use it to watch HD TV .

It is not the 16:9.  It is the vertical resolution you will have to
tolerate in a 16:9 _laptop_ if you don't want to carry something that
feels like a plank around.

16:9 is quite good when you have a 25" display in the first place.  In a
laptop, it is just idiotic.  If you want any proof, look closely at the new
ThinkPad X1.

  Henrique Holschuh