[ltp] Re: T61 wakes up in the backpack

Thu, 3 Mar 2011 16:18:33 +0200

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:42:22AM -0800, Jason Brooks wrote:
> Its case flex. Lots of low end laptops have this issue. The case
> flexes like a pretzel and the battery contacts lift from the battery
> connector or the lid switch is  tripped.

Looks like it.  I can wiggle the battery, and nothing happens, but if I
squeeze the laptop from both sides (top and bottom) near the middle of
the back edge, it wakes up.

> Best thing to do is hibernate
> or turn off wake when lid is open and switch it to on keypress.

Is that a BIOS setting?  I'll look for something like that next time I
reboot.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
<niemeyer> philiKON: I'm changing ZCML to parse files twice as fast..
<philiKON> niemeyer, weee
<benji>    ooh, I like it!
<philiKON> how do you do that?
<niemeyer> Lying