[ltp] Re: T61 wakes up in the backpack

Thu, 3 Mar 2011 18:33:05 +0200

--OXfL5xGRrasGEqWY

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 04:18:33PM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:42:22AM -0800, Jason Brooks wrote:
> > Its case flex. Lots of low end laptops have this issue. The case
> > flexes like a pretzel and the battery contacts lift from the battery
> > connector or the lid switch is  tripped.
>=20
> Looks like it.  I can wiggle the battery, and nothing happens, but if I
> squeeze the laptop from both sides (top and bottom) near the middle of
> the back edge, it wakes up.
>=20
> > Best thing to do is hibernate
> > or turn off wake when lid is open and switch it to on keypress.
>=20
> Is that a BIOS setting?  I'll look for something like that next time I
> reboot.

Didn't find a setting for this.

(Also wasted 30 minutes trying to get Ubuntu to boot again.  Latest
maverick-proposed kernel wedges the system so hard it requires a battery
pull to be able to boot again.  Maybe I should try a BIOS upgrade?  It's
been a couple of years since I last upgraded mine.)

Marius Gedminas
--=20
A programmer started to cuss
Because getting to sleep was a fuss