[ltp] Re: T61 wakes up in the backpack

Jason Brooks linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 3 Mar 2011 09:36:12 -0800

well t the button press should be a bios setting... not sure if lenovo
hides it. Most of the time it is in the power settings area in the
bios. Worst comes to worst you can always make a sleeve in the
backpack with something ridged like 1/4 mdf to sandwich the laptop in
to keep it from flexing. Swiss army has one that should accomplish it.
The only problem is you will then be advertising whats in the bag.
Don't forget to try the hibernate option instead of sleep. (I know its
pretty much a deal breaker, I like the instant wake of the sleep
option too)

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Marius Gedminas <marius@gedmin.as> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 04:18:33PM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:42:22AM -0800, Jason Brooks wrote:
>> > Its case flex. Lots of low end laptops have this issue. The case
>> > flexes like a pretzel and the battery contacts lift from the battery
>> > connector or the lid switch is =C2=A0tripped.
>>
>> Looks like it. =C2=A0I can wiggle the battery, and nothing happens, but =
if I
>> squeeze the laptop from both sides (top and bottom) near the middle of
>> the back edge, it wakes up.
>>
>> > Best thing to do is hibernate
>> > or turn off wake when lid is open and switch it to on keypress.
>>
>> Is that a BIOS setting? =C2=A0I'll look for something like that next tim=
e I
>> reboot.
>
> Didn't find a setting for this.
>
> (Also wasted 30 minutes trying to get Ubuntu to boot again. =C2=A0Latest
> maverick-proposed kernel wedges the system so hard it requires a battery
> pull to be able to boot again. =C2=A0Maybe I should try a BIOS upgrade? =
=C2=A0It's
> been a couple of years since I last upgraded mine.)
>
> Marius Gedminas
> --
> A programmer started to cuss
> Because getting to sleep was a fuss