[ltp] T420/T520 and Linux

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:41:50 -0600

--------------040907010005000306070603

Whatever works for you, right?

For some people, putting up with some configuration hassles to get the
latest awesome hardware working using Free software is worthwhile. (Or
perhaps having things just work on older hardware using Free software.)
Every dollar you spend is a vote for someone's business model.

But if you're looking for Mac boosters here, you're talking to the wrong
crowd.

Chris

PS - You could go completely crazy and put MacOS on a ThinkPad.

On 03/10/2011 01:54 PM, Adrian Bastholm wrote:
> I'm seriously thinking about abandoning linux (and thinkpads) for a
> macbook. Because it "just works". No manual loading of modules, no
> hacking hal policies to get devices automounted, no sleep problems, no
> battery leaks in sleep. I'll probably miss the thinkpad keyboard and
> trackpoint, but hey.. there has to be a downside, right ?
>

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Jeffrey L. Taylor
> <jeff@abluz.dyndns.org <mailto:jeff@abluz.dyndns.org>> wrote:
>
>     The T420 and T520 have been announced with a claimed ship date of
>     late March
>     2011.  Anyone heard if there are new features that will make
>     installing Linux
>     difficult or impossible?
>
>     TIA,
>      Jeffrey
>     --
>

> --
> Vänliga hälsningar / Kind regards,
> Adrian Bastholm
>
> I would change the world, but they won't give me the sourcecode

--------------040907010005000306070603

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Whatever works for you, right?<br>
    For some people, putting up with some configuration hassles to get
    the latest awesome hardware working using Free software is
    worthwhile. (Or perhaps having things just work on older hardware
    using Free software.) Every dollar you spend is a vote for someone's
    business model.<br>
    But if you're looking for Mac boosters here, you're talking to the
    wrong crowd.<br>
    Chris<br>
    PS - You could go completely crazy and put MacOS on a ThinkPad.<br>