[ltp] T520 Ubuntu ?

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 3 May 2011 09:21:18 -0700

On Tue, 3 May 2011 11:23:37 +0200
Adrian Bastholm <adrian@javaguru.org> dijo:

>I finally ordered a T520 and here it is. First impression is good. It's
>fairly fast, silent, good screen, battery lasts a couple of hours under
>load.
>
>I was just about to download Ubuntu when I saw this:
>http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/hardware/201103-7446
>Of course, Lenovo Sweden hasn't even heard about this, and the support
>guy said "well yes, that's if you have Ubuntu preinstalled" which of
>course you can't get here in Sweden.

If you can't find it on Lenovo's or Ubuntu's web sites, then you'll
have to contact them. To contact Ubuntu I would use the forums.

I note from your link above that the version that is certified is a
vendor-specific version of 10.10. Note that for the recently released
11.04 Ubuntu has made some massive changes to the desktop, replacing
Gnome with Unity as the default. There have been a lot of complaints
from experienced Linux users about Unity. But then, it is human to
resist change. I haven't tried it personally.