[ltp] SSD for a X220?

Ismael Olea linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 May 2011 10:11:17 +0200

--90e6ba6e8aa0ec989904a29709d5

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Christos Papadopoulos <
christos@cs.colostate.edu> wrote:

> Trying to tap the group wisdom again.
>
> After discovering that the X201 model is no longer available, I just
> ordered a X220 and I am looking to get a SSD for it. All suggestions
> welcome. The larger the better, I can afford to splurge a bit.

I remember a blog post from a linux driver developer, I'm 99% sure he is at
Redhat, where he explained how the best HDD SDD are from Intel after his
experience testing and tuning the OS with diferent hw providers.

Seems I didn't save the link neither can't find it on Internet. If somebody
remember, please share it here.

At least I kept the Intel advice.

--

Ismael Olea

http://olea.org/diario/

--90e6ba6e8aa0ec989904a29709d5

 Papadopoulos <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:christos@cs.colostate=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex;">

Trying to tap the group wisdom again.<br>
After discovering that the X201 model is no longer available, I just<br>
ordered a X220 and I am looking to get a SSD for it. All suggestions<br>
welcome. The larger the better, I can afford to splurge a bit.</blockquote>=
&#39;m 99% sure he is at Redhat, where he explained how the best HDD SDD ar=
e from Intel after his experience testing and tuning the OS with diferent h=
w providers.</div>

ea.org/diario/</a><br>

--90e6ba6e8aa0ec989904a29709d5--