[ltp] New HDD for X200s: What to consider?

Christoph Bier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 08 May 2011 15:05:50 +0200

Hello,

I want to upgrade my X200s' HDD. What should I consider (apart from
form factor)? Do I need G-Force for ASP to work? Or does ASP
"replace" G-Force? If so does G-Force interfere with ASP? My X200s
shipped with a Seagate Momentus 5400.4 with 250 GB; AFAICS without
G-Force. The ThinkWiki speaks about "head unload ramp technology"
and points to the Hitachi homepage. But the link is dead. How do I
know whether a HDD supports this technology? Does capacity affect
power consumption? How much is rpm's impact on power consumption
(5400 vs 7200 rpm)?

TIA

Best
Christoph