[ltp] X41 tablet setup/issues

Simon Williams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 07 May 2011 22:23:58 +0100

Hi everyone.

I've just bought an X41 tablet off ebay and I'm having some trouble
getting the tablet part to work right. At the moment the stylus is only
ever registering as clicking, never just moving the cursor, and it does
this even when it's a WHOLE INCH away from the screen. It's also jumping
around a lot, if I draw in gimp I get lines flicked in from the far
corners of the screen.

Anyone with a tablet of any description, is this expected behaviour? Am
I just missing some settings or is there an issue with the hardware? I
had the distance problem in the WinXP tablet install which it came with.

xsetwacom says that cursorproximity isn't supported on this device :'(

Also, the stylus that came with it doesn't have an eraser. I've tried my
sisters Wacom Bamboo pen with it, but that doesn't register. Has anyone
found any replacement stylii with erasers that work with the X41? Even
better if it will fit in the stylus slot.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Simon