[ltp] SSD for a X220?

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 13 May 2011 19:49:53 +0200

--nextPart6670465.g2NPaoyzXL

Am Montag, 2. Mai 2011 schrieb Christos Papadopoulos:
> Trying to tap the group wisdom again.
>=20
> After discovering that the X201 model is no longer available, I just
> ordered a X220 and I am looking to get a SSD for it. All suggestions
> welcome. The larger the better, I can afford to splurge a bit.
>=20
> Also, if you have a X220 and installed Fedora on it please let me know
> how that went for you.
>=20
> I can report back results once I have the laptop if anyone is
> interested. Shipping estimated at 9 business days.

I would recommend an Intel SSD 320[1]. I like that capacitor thing=20
although on a laptop with battery it might not matter much.

There are also the Intel SSD 510 and at least the ThinkPad T520 has a SATA=
=20
600 interface, but the price to capacity ratio is better with the=20
SATA-300, but still quite fast SSD 320.

I wouldn't consider the X-25M anymore, cause I think the SSD 320 has=20
superseded it and tends to be cheaper as well.

[1] http://www.storagereview.com/intel_ssd_320_review_300gb

[2] http://www.storagereview.com/intel_ssd_510_review_250gb

=2D-=20