[ltp] Increased power consumption with recend Linux kernels?

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 21 May 2011 17:42:52 +0200

--nextPart1404310.YmUYlvfjNH

Hi!

Did anyone notice shortened battery time with recent kernels?

The Linux Kernel Is Still On A Power Binge
Posted by Michael Larabel on May 18, 2011
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=3Dnews_item&px=3DOTQ1Ng

Power consumption raised significantly in natty=20
Bug #760131

I found that the fan on the ThinkPad T520 goes quite regularily. Its not=20
loud, but its always on. But before trying to tune something I might wait=20
for an kernel fix for above mentioned increase in power consumption.

I am currently running 2.6.39.

BTW Phoronix also has a mention of that i915 hangcheck timer issue.

Ciao,
=2D-=20