[ltp] T61 system board (42w7872)

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 05 Nov 2011 23:15:31 +0100

On 11/05/2011 11:02 PM, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> Maybe, but it was definitely attached to both system boards :) And as
> far as I can tell, on both T61 I have with 7872 boards, it was 2×pc-card
> (or maybe expresscard), no smartcard reader.

Yes, this depends on the particular T61 TYPE. My T61 8895-WFJ has a
PC-Card and an ExpressCard slot. My former wide screen T61 6463-WNW had
a Smartcard reader in combination with a PC-Card slot.

I am not aware of the existence of any slot cage featuring two PC-Card
slots. There is no such part mentioned on the
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-68208#18
Lenovo T61 System service parts list.

Anyway, one just gotta love the modular approach of construction of
Thinkpads and thus their inherent ability to be recombined. ;)

Have fund with your resurrected machine!