[ltp] battery is gone?

Arno Trautmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Oct 2011 11:40:24 +0200

Hi all,

again I have in interesting behaviour of my machine: It doesn't consume
any power!
At least if I beleave what it tells me: A few days ago, I could use

cat: /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state

to get information about the battery state. Also, powertop showed me an
acpi power usage estimate.

Now, the file is just gone and I don't get any estimate. The machine
kind of claims there is no battery, but it runs fine without AC
connection. I can only notice that the battery is running low by the
orange LED instead of the green one.

So … what's going on here and how can I restore the previous behaviour?

3.0-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 7 11:35:34 CEST 2011 x86_64 Intel(R)
Core(TM)2 Duo CPU L7500 @ 1.60GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

on a X61s.

cheers
Arno