[ltp] E520 - turn off touch pad

Matt Jenny linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Oct 2011 17:32:34 -0400

--20cf303bfbde8c517904afe9ed27

Disable it in the BIOS, I do not remember where the option is, but its not
hard to find or you can disconnect it from the laptop itself, the
fingerprint reader and the touch pad are on the same ZIF connector, so you
will have to decide if you use the fingerprint reader.

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 4:23 PM, James Knott <james.knott@rogers.com> wrote:

> I have a ThinkPad E520, which comes with both TrackPoint and touch pad
> pointing devices.  How do I turn off the touch pad.  I bought a ThinkPad,
> because I hate touch pads and prefer TrackPoint.  Even though I use the
> TrackPoint, the touch pad is still an irritation, as it responds to my hand
> moving above it.  I just want to turn it completely off.
>
> tnx jk
>
> --

--20cf303bfbde8c517904afe9ed27

Disable it in the BIOS, I do not remember where the option is, but its not =
hard to find or you can=A0disconnect=A0it from the laptop itself, the finge=
rprint reader and the touch pad are on the same ZIF connector, so you will =
have to=A0decide=A0if you use the fingerprint reader.<br>
le=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
I have a ThinkPad E520, which comes with both TrackPoint and touch pad poin=
ting devices. =A0How do I turn off the touch pad. =A0I bought a ThinkPad, b=
ecause I hate touch pads and prefer TrackPoint. =A0Even though I use the Tr=
ackPoint, the touch pad is still an irritation, as it responds to my hand m=
oving above it. =A0I just want to turn it completely off.<br>

tnx jk<br><font color=3D"#888888">
-- <br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>
d" target=3D"_blank">http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.<u></u>org/mailman/listi=

--20cf303bfbde8c517904afe9ed27--