[ltp] T420s Power saving tips

Dan Maranville linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 02 Apr 2012 14:14:59 -0400

All, Having just recently upgraded to a T420s(Intel GMA & SSD/SATAII/) I'm in need of some power saving tips. My battery is chewed up quite fast under PUIAS 6.2 (RHEL) I've done some normal adjustments like screen brightness, idle timers etc. but the real need is when I am _using_ the machine. I'm lucky to squeak out 2.5 hours out of this bad boy, when in a Win world I can get 4 with ease. So there are some tweaks I feel I am missing.

I did just add this to my kernel line and I am hoping it provides some measure of relief:
"i915.i915_enable_rc6=1 i915.semaphores=1 i915.i915_enable_fbc=1 i915.lvds_downclock=1 pcie_aspm=force"

Any other tips for this model are greatly appreciated.

---
Dan
:w! saves