[ltp] T420s Power saving tips

Rich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 2 Apr 2012 14:20:39 -0400

What does powertop think is using your battery?

- Rich

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Dan Maranville <danmaran@gmx.com> wrote:
> All, Having just recently upgraded to a T420s(Intel GMA & SSD/SATAII/) I'=
m in need of some power saving tips. My battery is chewed up quite fast und=
er PUIAS 6.2 (RHEL) I've done some normal adjustments like screen brightnes=
s, idle timers etc. but the real need is when I am _using_ the machine. I'm=
 lucky to squeak out 2.5 hours out of this bad boy, when in a Win world I c=
an get 4 with ease. So there are some tweaks I feel I am missing.

> I did just add this to my kernel line and I am hoping it provides some me=
asure of relief:
> "i915.i915_enable_rc6=3D1 i915.semaphores=3D1 i915.i915_enable_fbc=3D1 i9=
15.lvds_downclock=3D1 pcie_aspm=3Dforce"