[ltp] Intel 945 Express Chipset

Dick Summerfield linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:49:55 +0200

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a used T60.
I prefer to buy it reasonably locally so that I can see it first.
I've understood that T60's with Intel graphics are to preferred over and above those with ATI graphics
(cooler and quieter which are things I like).

I have now found one on offer with Intel 945 Express Chipset Family graphics, so this is maybe what I'm
looking for  but I seem to remember Intel 950 being mentioned here on the list. 945 is new to me.

I'm sure I would have an acceptable machine with this one but the cooler and (hence) quieter the better for me.

Does anyone one know a bit more about this combination, please?

Regards,
Dick Summerfield.
Netherlands.