[ltp] Intel 945 Express Chipset

Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:38:16 +0200

> I'm thinking of buying a used T60.
> I prefer to buy it reasonably locally so that I can see it first.
> I've understood that T60's with Intel graphics are to preferred over and =
above those with ATI graphics
> (cooler and quieter which are things I like).
>
> I have now found one on offer with Intel 945 Express Chipset Family graph=
ics, so this is maybe what I'm
> looking for =C2=A0but I seem to remember Intel 950 being mentioned here o=
n the list. 945 is new to me.
I have that model (off the top of my head: 1952 CC, 14.1" screen), and
it works like a charm with Linux - I've ran Ubuntu, Gentoo and Arch
Linux on it.

> I'm sure I would have an acceptable machine with this one but the cooler =
and (hence) quieter the better for me.

> Does anyone one know a bit more about this combination, please?
No clue about that particular aspect. Also, since mine was plugged in
95% of the time I'm not sure how battery usage under Linux was
compared to its original OS (Windows XP).

--Martin