[ltp] Overheating T500

Thu, 13 Dec 2012 22:10:04 -0200

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012, Julien Iguchi-Cartigny wrote:

> I'm trying to understand why my T500 is overheating since Ubuntu 11.10.
> I've wrote a wiki entry about in thinkwiki:
>
> <http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_Overheating_then_reboot_since_Ubuntu_11.10>
>
> Does someone has experienced similar problem or have a clue about it ?

1. Do not enable fan control on thinkpad-acpi, I default it to disabled and
require an explicit module parameter to even alow it for a damn good reason.

In that situation (you remove the module parameter that lets thinkpad-acpi
do fan control, *power off*, and power on again), does the bug still happen?

If it does, the thinkpad is defective, and needs to be repaired.

  Henrique Holschuh