[ltp] Re: Battery tweaks for X1 Carbon - cannot install ts_mapi

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 14:12:34 +0100

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 02:09:14PM +0100, Sandro wrote:
> Thanks for the hints on this. I didn't know tp_smapi was outdated and I
> have to use the standard ACPI for this.
> Is there a standard/default/ACPI way of changing the start/stop charging
> levels for the battery or is this just something I shouldn't be bothered
> with anymore?
> BTW I cannot find similar functionality in Windows (referencing the tip to
> change it there) - probably for the same reason (no more SMAPI).

The guy who wrote the ACPI stuff said he reversed that from Windows, so
it should be possible there too.

Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.