[ltp] Re: Battery tweaks for X1 Carbon - cannot install ts_mapi

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 14:12:34 +0100

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 02:09:14PM +0100, Sandro wrote:
> Thanks for the hints on this. I didn't know tp_smapi was outdated and I
> have to use the standard ACPI for this.
> Is there a standard/default/ACPI way of changing the start/stop charging
> levels for the battery or is this just something I shouldn't be bothered
> with anymore?
>
> BTW I cannot find similar functionality in Windows (referencing the tip to
> change it there) - probably for the same reason (no more SMAPI).

The guy who wrote the ACPI stuff said he reversed that from Windows, so
it should be possible there too.

--
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.