[ltp] Re: Battery tweaks for X1 Carbon - cannot install ts_mapi

Fri, 28 Dec 2012 16:26:17 -0200

On Fri, 28 Dec 2012, Evgeni Golov wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 02:09:14PM +0100, Sandro wrote:
> > Thanks for the hints on this. I didn't know tp_smapi was outdated and I
> > have to use the standard ACPI for this.
> > Is there a standard/default/ACPI way of changing the start/stop charging
> > levels for the battery or is this just something I shouldn't be bothered
> > with anymore?
> >
> > BTW I cannot find similar functionality in Windows (referencing the tip to
> > change it there) - probably for the same reason (no more SMAPI).
>
> The guy who wrote the ACPI stuff said he reversed that from Windows, so
> it should be possible there too.

If you mean me (the thinkpad-acpi maintainer), no, I didn't say anything of
the sort.  I have NEVER reverse engineered any Windows software or Windows
driver.  Nor have I ever offered to.

I work based on hundreds of hours of trial-and-error, and also by studying
the contents of the ACPI tables and a lot of experience, plus asking Lenovo
engineers about it when it is something they are allowed to talk about.

If The X1-carbon with the full Lenovo-provided thinkvantage suite does NOT
let you control battery levels, then it probably means the functionality
simply isn't available or that it is now automated somehow.  Ask Lenovo
directly, if their advanced battery driver in the thinkvantage suite can do
it, they will tell you how to get to the pretty screen that has that
option...

  Henrique Holschuh