[ltp] Re: Battery tweaks for X1 Carbon - cannot install ts_mapi

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 19:51:26 +0100

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 04:26:17PM -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2012, Evgeni Golov wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 02:09:14PM +0100, Sandro wrote:
> > > Thanks for the hints on this. I didn't know tp_smapi was outdated and I
> > > have to use the standard ACPI for this.
> > > Is there a standard/default/ACPI way of changing the start/stop charging
> > > levels for the battery or is this just something I shouldn't be bothered
> > > with anymore?
> > >
> > > BTW I cannot find similar functionality in Windows (referencing the tip to
> > > change it there) - probably for the same reason (no more SMAPI).
> >
> > The guy who wrote the ACPI stuff said he reversed that from Windows, so
> > it should be possible there too.
>
> If you mean me (the thinkpad-acpi maintainer), no, I didn't say anything of
> the sort.  I have NEVER reverse engineered any Windows software or Windows
> driver.  Nor have I ever offered to.

No, I would have mentioned you by name. :)
I meant the one who posted about the acpi way on github.

greets
evgeni

--
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.