[ltp] Mouse (touchpad/eraserhead) jerky

Sandro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 21:34:02 +0100

--f46d0444ef6be7d38204b8153c22

I have this problem in Xubuntu 11.10 where the mouse (eraserhead and
touchpad) start to move really jerky when the laptop is on a table.

When I take the laptop from the table, onto my lap, the mouse(s) start to
wake up again.

This usually happens while browsing in Opera, although I don't know if
that's related. It's just what I use the laptop for the most.

The eraserhead will go to jerky mode, while the touchpad prefers not to
work at all.

Usually if I tilt the laptop backwards on the table, the mouse will
comeback somewhat, but still kinda jerky. Only when I put it on my lap will
it really wake.

I've been reluctant to mention this because it sounds like a joke, but it's
getting too annoying, so I was hoping some of you have experienced this and
know a solution.

It's like any horizontal surface has a vulcan grip on the laptop that
causes the mouse to die. Or the hard drive protection movement detection
thingie that is not supposed to work in Linux is routed in a bad way by the
firmware that causes the mouse to die when the laptop is exactly horizontal.

I am using the Thinkpad Edge 15 0301GPG with the Intel i3 370M

~Sander

--f46d0444ef6be7d38204b8153c22

ouchpad) start to move really jerky when the laptop is on a table.<br clear=
nto my lap, the mouse(s) start to wake up again.</div>

I don&#39;t know if that&#39;s related. It&#39;s just what I use the laptop=
e, while the touchpad prefers not to work at all.</div>

e mouse will comeback somewhat, but still kinda jerky. Only when I put it o=
ant to mention this because it sounds like a joke, but it&#39;s getting too=
 annoying, so I was hoping some of you have experienced this and know a sol=
ution.</div>

on the laptop that causes the mouse to die. Or the hard drive protection mo=
vement detection thingie that is not supposed to work in Linux is routed in=
 a bad way by the firmware that causes the mouse to die when the laptop is =
exactly horizontal.</div>

--f46d0444ef6be7d38204b8153c22--