[ltp] Mouse (touchpad/eraserhead) jerky

Robert Tomsick linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 15:47:46 -0500 (EST)

--8323329-272462031-1328302080=:2992

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012, Sandro wrote:

> I have this problem in Xubuntu 11.10 where the mouse (eraserhead and
> touchpad) start to move really jerky when the laptop is on a table.
>
> When I take the laptop from the table, onto my lap, the mouse(s) start to
> wake up again.
>
> This usually happens while browsing in Opera, although I don't know if
> that's related. It's just what I use the laptop for the most.
>
> The eraserhead will go to jerky mode, while the touchpad prefers not to
> work at all.
>
> Usually if I tilt the laptop backwards on the table, the mouse will
> comeback somewhat, but still kinda jerky. Only when I put it on my lap will
> it really wake.
>
> I've been reluctant to mention this because it sounds like a joke, but it's
> getting too annoying, so I was hoping some of you have experienced this and
> know a solution.
>
> It's like any horizontal surface has a vulcan grip on the laptop that
> causes the mouse to die. Or the hard drive protection movement detection
> thingie that is not supposed to work in Linux is routed in a bad way by the
> firmware that causes the mouse to die when the laptop is exactly horizontal.
>
> I am using the Thinkpad Edge 15 0301GPG with the Intel i3 370M

Is it just under Linux that you have this problem?  Personally I'd suspect
that the keyboard/mouse/touchpad assemblies aren't seated properly, and
perhaps that the corresponding cable isn't correctly seated on the planar.

Of course if this happens under one OS but not others, I doubt that's the
case...

Cheers,
Rob
--8323329-272462031-1328302080=:2992
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--8323329-272462031-1328302080=:2992--