[ltp] T520 Ubuntu 11.10 x64 - can't connect external monitor

Fri, 03 Feb 2012 23:45:45 +0000

On 03/02/12 19:27, Fen Labalme wrote:
> I have a new T520 that mostly works fine – I currently run nvidia (NVS
> 4200M) discrete graphics, have compiz 3d effects and colors look good.
>   (Still trying to decide if I like Unity, tho...)

Have you tried all 4 possible drivers:
  vesa/fbdev
  nv  (the old one)
  nouveau (the new free driver)
  nvidia (the binary blob from nvidia.com)?

What does /var/log/Xorg.0.log say?

Also, just to check - it's sometimes possible to accidentally disable
the outputs in the BIOS, or the Fn-F7 key.

Richard